This policy is intended for the operation of our website, and all account, game clients and services provided and published by Phanxgames.
- Subscriptions, Purchases and Donations -
- Billing History - Personal Data: email address, first name, last name, purchase date and amount.
- Contacting the User -
- Contact Form - Personal Data: email address, username, first name, last name, message and subject.
- Account Notices - Personal data: username and email address.
- Content commenting and forum posts -
- Comment system - Personal Data: user provided avatar image, email address and username.
- Forum system - Personal Data: user provided avatar image, email address and username.
- Testing Profile -
- Devices - Personal Data: IP Address
- Devices - Non-Personal Data: Model, OS, and manufacture
Who we are?
We are an indie development studio composed of Henry Price, Mark Hudd and Gregg Rosetti, known as Phanxgames. We operate this endeavour with the intention of providing you with access to our video games and account services to support such games.Owner and Controller Contact: email@example.com
Types of Data Collected
Amount types of Personal Data that we collect ourselves or through third parties is: first name, last name, email address, username, Usage Data, IP address, purchase dates, and purchase amounts.
Personal Data is freely provided by the User, or in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using our services.
Unless otherwise specified, all Data requested is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for our services to be provided. In cases where Data is optional users are free to not communicate such information.
Users are welcome to contact the Owner about which Personal Data is mandatory.
How we use Personal Information
Usernames and email addresses are used to provide account services and notices including password recovery, and important account alerts. Users are able to opt-out of account alerts and notices within their account portal.
Usernames and email address are also used to contact Users for promotional purposes, including announce new features, newsletters, and new services provided by Phanxgames. Users are able to opt-out of these emails within their account portal.
Devices, Usage Data, Usernames and email address are used to process eligible Alpha and Beta tester accounts to determine who should be selected to be invited to test our games and services. Users may opt-out of this testing by removing yourself from the testing preferences within their account portal.
We keep local purchase history imported from Patron and Paypal tied to Users account for the purposes of providing rewards, goods and services. This information is stored privately and only available to the User and administration staff. With the exception of the total donation amount grouped by username or credit line (first and last name), which is shared publicly on the donation thank you page. Users may provide fictitious credit line (first and last name) information or leave this field blank to default to their username.
Comments, forum posts and avatar images are provided by the Users and displayed publicly along with their usernames. Users IP addresses are also logged to track and prevent future abusive content, but kept visible strictly to administration.
Legal Basis of ProcessingWe (the Owner) may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing ("opt-out"), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
How data is stored and processedThe Data is processed at our operating offices and in data centers where our servics are hosted.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. Currently all data centers are located within the United States and Canada. All Data is stored within secured databases which have underwent reasonable, industry standard precautions to be secured.
Data RetentionAll data is kept for the duration of the operation of the game services. Billing Information is kept for legal obligation, such as for tax purposes.
Your RightsWe respect your rights, please contact us to make any request in regards to your Personal Data.
Users have the right to, but not limited to:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 5/25/2018