Aether Story: Alpha Patch 0.3.21 is now Live!
Aether Story: Alpha Patch 0.3.21 is now live!
- Added a new Spawn Point at the docks of the Outpost.
- By moving the player away from the closed exit gates to the city and placing them directly in the center of the town should encourage the player to explore and feel like they have more directions (and choice) than to always start off with the construction quest being the first quest they see.
- Added a new Welcome Quest and welcomer NPC named Ralpha McGee.
- To better help players understand the controls we have added an NPC directly infront of the player with a quest icon. This NPC's title when hovering the mouse reads: "Press Space" which should help players understand the control scheme better.
- The NPC also gives you a simple one step quest that instructs you to loot the chest next to him. This can be considered a tutorial to teach the player how to loot chests. The quest also should give you enough EXP to level you up and is the missing EXP needed to more easily get to level 5.
- Dev Notes:
- The changes to the spawn should greatly help new players get into the game and understand the basics. The NPC explains that there are hidden items and chests to find, and quests to complete. Making it clear the scope of this Alpha patch.
- There was also confusion in regards to the red supply crates that were near the old spawn point, being the first objects that draw the player's attention, they often caused players to be confused on what the controls were, since they were not interactable if you weren't on the quest. Now with the new welcome quest added, which teaches you how to interact with a chest, this should be more understood!
- These changes are temporary, when the next major patch, Alpha 4, comes, we will be adding a completely new introduction tutorial that will not only better explain to the player the controls and the idea of the game, but also introduce them to the main storyline.
- Bug Fixes:
- Random game lock-ups when changing maps or when other player change maps should no longer cause the game to lock up.
- Experience points should no longer be lost when changing maps.
- The Inn Keeper should once again be able to heal you.
- Players and entities should be more consistently in alignment.
Ready to experience this patch yourself?
You may download the early Alpha access now easily through itch.io:
We are really enthusiastic to have you play our game! Being a small indie game
dev company, we depend on your support to keep us going.
Please consider making a small donation to help us fund the continuous
development of Aether Story! It will really help us out.
If you already have Alpha Access, head on over to the Game Downloads page and download the new Launcher Setup Installer!
February 2020 Funding Goal
We are only $33 away from reaching our monthly funding goal. As a reward for helping us reach this funding goal we will be adding a public feature to everyone: Leaderboards. The Leaderboards will help players rank to try to compete to be the best player in the Alpha! The Leaderboard categories will include players who have the most gold, most chests looted, and highest level.
If we do not reach the funding goal then this feature will be postponed and potentially cut. So if you are excited to see this feature added, please consider helping us reach this goal. We are so close!!
As a special thank you for your support in helping us fund the development of Aether Story, we will also be giving those who donate at least $10 this month a limited time Pink Slime Pet. This pet will never be made available in the future, so don't miss out. Once this month is over, you will never be able to get it!
Please let me know what you think of the changes in this patch! At the very least drop a like on this blog post!
Join us in Discord to discuss Aether Story: discord.gg/phanxgames